One of the common features that many huge houses boast of its visitors is the swimming pool. Whether it’s indoor or outdoor pool, this piece of luxurious feature is best for leisure, exercise and therapy. Pool owners should pay extra caution on the maintenance of swimming pools.
Pool maintenance and safety are essential, thus it is important to make sure that the pool water is clean and hygienic. Listed below are some of the noteworthy tips on having a great swimming pool maintenance service.
- It checks the pH level of the pool. It is important to check the pH level of the water in the pool regularly. The normal level usually falls between 7.2 and 7.6. If the pH level is low, it indicates acidic water that is extremely corrosive. On the other hand, a high pH level indicates alkalinity, which means that the water is incapable of sanitization.
- The use of Algaecides. Pool water serves as the breeding grounds for algae. The use of algae inhibitor will prevent numerous varieties of algae from propagating in the pool water. The liquid form of the inhibitor can be poured in the pool water with the use of the pump system in order to distribute the substance evenly in the pool. Copper-based solutions are the preferred choice because it maintains the color of pool water and keeps it sparkling.
- The use of shocks. External factors like sweat, body oil, dry skin cells, cosmetics, and even urine can pollute the water of the pool. The use of shock at the pool on regular intervals can help remove the mentioned impurities. Shocking is the process of water oxidation, which means it removes the waste of the swimmer from the pool.
- Maintenance of the pump set. Replacing the pump after seven or eight years is a perfect idea in maintaining hygienic water in the pool. When the pump produces excessive noise, it indicates that the pump undergoes an improper functioning. Although modern pumps are very simple and easy to maintain, those products that are made from composition or rubber pump seals may cause malfunctions. Thus, it is important to maintain the pressure levels in the pool through checking the pressure gauge regularly.
- Checking chemical levels. In order to ensure utmost protection against bacteria, it is important to maintain the chlorine content of the pool. There are plenty of chlorine forms that can be used to mix them in the pool. Also, it is important to check the pool water calcium content. It should fall between 175 to 225 ppm. Cloudiness in pool water and corrosion results from improper balance of calcium content.
These are just some of the safety measures to follow when deciding to look for pool maintenance service. There are plenty of companies that offer pool maintenance and services today.
Owning a swimming pool is a best luxury to have around. However, it entails a responsibility of maintaining it. It is important to know that owning a swimming pool requires a serious maintenance work before deciding on installing one.
Moreover, interested individuals should be willing to spend money in securing the cleanliness and safety of the swimming pool. When contacting a pool maintenance service, the following tools are utilized in ensuring the safety and cleanliness of the swimming pool.
- Pool covers. This tool is used in keeping the pool inaccessible from unwanted contaminants and unauthorized personnel. Pool covers are utilized when the swimming pool is unused for a span of time, especially during winter season. Moreover, the use of this device can lessen the heating costs by retaining around 50 percent of water heat from escaping on the pool. This will keep the warm water on the succeeding use. There are many pool cover types available, ranging from vinyl to thermal bubble cover.
- Pool filter and pump. The sanitation of the swimming pool is the topmost priority, as contaminated pool water may become a health risk to any users. Some of the well-known pool contaminants include E. coli and other species of fungi and algae. The use of pool filter allows straining of suspended matter from the water, while the pump is responsible in facilitating water circulation to prevent the multiplication of microorganisms. The running cost of both equipment tools may be intimidating, but it is essential in keeping the pool safe to utilize.
- Other cleaning accessories. Despite of the use of the above mentioned tools, the swimming pool will never become 100 percent clean with just the use of filters, pool pumps, water chemicals and pool covers. It requires manpower and exerts effort in maintaining the quality of the water used in the swimming pool, including its structure. Common cleaning accessories for swimming pools such as pool brushes, vacuums and leaf nets are needed when physically removing impurities that are seen in the swimming pool. Although they might be quite expensive, they could be worth the investment in providing pool maintenance service.
To sum it all, pool service maintenance includes checking of the swimming pool such as the water condition in order to ensure its safety. Generally, water testing must be performed first before utilizing the swimming pool. This is done by assessing and checking the chlorine and pH levels. High levels of such substances may cause skin allergies and eye irritation.
On the other hand, low levels of chlorine might result in algae proliferation. With this, it is important to keep the pH and chlorine levels within its normal limits. These are just some of the important tools that various cleaning companies used when rendering a pool maintenance service.
Having a swimming pool is a luxury that a lot of individuals would certainly love to have. But how about the part on swimming pool maintenance?
In order to enjoy the pleasure of using this simple treat, the swimming pool should undergo some cleaning measures. This is essential in order to keep the pool water clean and safe. Thus, hiring a pool maintenance service that renders weekly maintenance is an important factor to consider. Below are the reasons why pool owners should hire a pool service.
- During its use, any swimming pool unit will likely become contaminated by users and other external factors. With this, regular pool checkups are needed in order to keep the swimming area in a perfect condition. Pool maintenance is best executed by trained individuals who are knowledgeable in all dangers posed in cleaning pools, along with its preventive measures.
- These trained professionals will make sure that they eliminate the debris accumulated in the pool over time. This debris might pose harm if not removed from the area, as evidenced by slippery facility. Moreover, this element may pose risks to the respiratory system. Thus, the debris must be eliminated.
- The water in the pool must be treated with chemicals that help kill germs that cause diseases and illnesses. Trained specialists work on mixing them in the right amounts in the water, considering that they are well trained for such. Nevertheless, the client should still check on the chemicals to be utilized in water since it may be harmful to swimmers like occurrence of allergies and alike.
- Pool cleaning services often bring inspection on the pump. Moreover, they clean the filters and other equipment used in filtering water in the pool. This will remove contaminated water that causes skin disease. Finally, they will check the vicinity for broken tiles or leaks that may pose danger.
- Regular pool maintenance might be needed for community swimming areas because it is often used by many swimmers. Service companies may suggest the use of certain materials in making the facility more efficient and better as part of the operation. This promotes efficient and durable facility. Promoting good hygiene and cleanliness of the pool is essential.
To sum it up, companies that provide pool maintenance and service include maintenance of clean water, inspection of the pool vicinity and repair of the mechanical parts. With this, pool owners should carefully look for pool maintenance companies in order to avoid hiring fraud companies.
It is essential to do some research before hiring any company. It is done through surfing the Internet or referrals from friends who have availed pool maintenance services. Making a good research will help pool owners to seek legit companies available.